We've been married this long!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

October, You Sly Devil!

OCTOBER IS OVER ALREADY? SERIOUSLY??

Besides my mass of schoolwork and lame midterms, life in Calgary has been a lot of fun! There were a lot of fun YSA activities in October. We had an Improv acting night, a pumpkin carving night around Halloween (Tamara, my roommate, and I carved a wicked spider) which had so many cool ideas, and just recently we had a Human Battleship FHE activity!

We also had the privilege to hear a CES Broadcast from Pres. Uchtdorf who gave an awesome talk. He always incorporates good stories in to his talk. He even dissed Shakespeare! Shakespeare!! " 'To be or not to be is not the question.' If I were to rephrase this I would say, 'Knowing that I am a child of God...' ". SO GOOD!


Speaking of being a Child of God...nothing says Child of God like a zombie! With the wondrous Halloween festivities, another roommate of mine, Jenna, and I went on a Zombie walk on 17th Ave in Calgary. The purpose of it was to raise food donations but Jenna and I forgot...oops. But that's ok, we looked pretty gross.

Also, on the day before Halloween, Anne and Jenna (2/3 of my roommates) went to Lethbridge with two other friends to go to a dance since Calgary is lame and decided not to have a Halloween dance this year. It was super lame for the first hour with whole 10 people that were in the gym but it got fun within the last hour or so. The costumes were awesome! Some guy was even dressed up like Inspector Gadget. He had an antennae on his thumb that he could pull out to talk on the phone. He had a retractible arm and a propellor on his hat. AND he walked on stilts the whole night. Talent? I think so.
I dressed up like Cleopatra for Halloween


You can't really see too much of my costume, just mainly that awesome double chin.




Anne dressed up like Medussa...



AND Jenna dressed up like Poison Ivy from Batman. She did an awesome job.




It was a good night!! On the actual day of Halloween, we had the missionaries over, made them carve a pumpkin for us and gave them a crap-load of treats. Nothing say "Return with Honor" like Type 2 Diabetes! Enjoy, Elders!

Brian and Sarah came to Calgary on Halloween to come to an LDS Halloween party at a rented out restaurant. I don't think they really enjoyed themselves too much since it was mainly a dance and Brian's not much of a dancer. I hope they had an OK time though!

But anyways...it's November now...sigh. Here comes the pain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment