We've been married this long!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crazy Summer

It's been a while since I've updated my blog so I thought I'd just say a little hello and go from there.

This whole summer has been pretty crazy and busy. I've mostly been working at a nursing home in SE Calgary where I've had many great experiences working with senior citizens. It feels nice to know that you can brighten someone's day just by smiling at them or talking to them for a few minutes. Anyways, I've been working there pretty regularly so that keeps me busy.

I've gotten a few things ready for school in september. I applied for student loans (which is a hassle and I still haven't heard back from them yet) and also for a police check which i hope I get back before the nursing faculty gets really mad at me. Anyways, little stuff like that. It will all get done soon I hope.

I was able to go to Utah in July for a few days and visit my sister, Erin, and her new little baby, Ezra. He's pretty darn cute. Looking forward to visiting them in a couple weeks when they come up to Canada for a visit.

Other than that, not a whole lot. Jared's birthday is Tuesday and our anniversary is on August 21. Crazy! I can't believe a year has already gone by. We are going to Edmonton for the weekend so we can relax and have a good time. We got a good deal so that we can spend two nights at a hotel and get tickets to go to the water park at West Edmonton Mall. I'm excited to get away for a while and spend some time with Jared.

Anyways, other than that, life has been good. I'll try to post more.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment